How would you like us to improve your product?

Search by Area Code

In Maximizer CRM Windows Access, we were able to search by Area Code. This is not possible in Web Access.

In Windows Access, searching for 514* would return all phone numbers that had 514 at the beginning. In Web Access, searching for 514* returns not only 514-***-xxxx, but also numbers like xx5-14x-xxxx.

Users frequently need to search by Area Code. Please implement this in the next version of Maximizer CRM!

Thanks very much!

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From David Cox -- sales@ozentripods.com Candidly, I’m lamenting loss of the ability to perform a search on an area code and, especially, multiple area codes. Try to see this from my perspective; I am a ‘road’ sales rep, pitching Broadcast ENG (Electronic News Gathering) camera support – fluid heads, tripods, spreaders, dollies, light pedestals, etc. I plan my appointments by searching my substantial Address Book on the area codes applicable to a metro area – let’s take Cleveland, OH as an example. I perform an ‘Advanced Search’ using a catalogued parameter of ‘Phone 1’, using 216-*, 330-*, & 440-*. I add (216) *, (330) * and (440) * -- note that I’ve included a space between the bracket and the * -- because the phone numbers of some records I’ve imported still use this useless formatting remnant of the past. I have to laugh that Maximizer CRM Live considers area code bracketing to be applicable in the US anymore, considering that nowadays, you can’t call across the street to order a pizza without dialing the area code along with the 7-digit phone number.

But I digress … the multiple area code search enables me to identify every Company & Individual with whom I may wish to make an appointment during 1 or more days that I will be in that metro area. I therefore catalogued multiple area code searches for numerous metro areas throughout the US.

But on Maximizer CRM Live, that functionality has been undone. No matter what scheme I attempt to format my search parameters, the area code(s) upon which I attempt to search return records from all over the country. Any phone number that contains 216, 330, and/or 440 in any part of the phone number becomes part of the search result, rendering my search efforts nearly useless. I’ve resorted to searching by state, but the return is far more cumbersome to use than what I should be able to obtain.

Might Maximizer be able to return the functionality of area code & multiple area code searches, by creating a search parameter perhaps titled, ‘Phone number beginning with …’ ? If you could do so, then I could search on one area code, or multiple area codes, and even search on an area code plus the local exchange (the 3 digits following the area code).

I’ve been advised that a ‘formula’ solution might be viable, though I’m not sure what that means. But maybe my mention of it will spur some imaginative thought.

Feedback and Knowledge Base