How would you like us to improve your product?

User Friendly Auto Sequenced Reference Numbers

Quite often I'm asked to provide user friendly sequence id numbers for opportunities (like case numbers) that can be used on project files and other business systems. Since Maximizer can do this for cases I think it should also be an option for Opportunities. Nobody really wants to work with the long ID. Probably this should be available on Addressbook records (and Campaigns, and maybe other record types) too. There are procedural and other ways around this. However, I'm inclined to agree with my latest client who felt this should be an 'out of the box' feature.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ian Wallace - CABC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick Ermen (i4CRM) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this, currently I'm facing a similar issue;

Hi there

My new customer is using an auto numbering feature to generate the customer number. This is just a simple numbering starting from 1.

I've imported the current information within Maximizer CRM Web Access and generated a UDF field "Customer Number" to store the current numbers.

I want to create a new auto numbering feature within Maximizer Web Access using a Formula field, but I'm running into a few issues.

- My initial idea was to use the identification field, but this field is contains a very large number to use as a simple customer number.,

- The identification field is constructed using year, month, day, some numbering and machine id if I'm correct. It's difficult to generate a simple unique number using this field.

- Next idea was to use the sequence_number field within the Client_Tbl, but it seems this field cannot be used within a UDF Formula since it's not listed within the Basic Fields.

- Finally I've been thinking to create a trigger on the Client_Tbl to generate the auto numbering, but since I'm using a Cloud solution this is not the most ideal situation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base